Believe me, it is hard to think of meals to prepare for the family. You need to take considerations in budget, the availability of the ingredients in the local market, and your knowledge in cooking. The hours of thinking just leads to the same old meal – fried fish, fried hotdog, etc .
Okay, here let me give you the recipe for Manok Sa Guisantes from my Nestle cookbook. This meal will only take you about 20 minutes to prepare plus another 20 minutes to cook. Ready?
2 tbsp cooking oil
2 tbsp chopped garlic
1 onion, sliced
2 tomatoes, sliced
½ kg chicken cut ups
Seasoning (Vetsin or Magic Sarap)
2 tbsp patis (fish sauce)
2 pcs potatoes, cubed and fried
1 cup water
1 cup guisantes (green peas)
How To Cook:
1. Heat cooking oil
2. Saute garlic, onion and tomatoes until limp
3. Stir in chicken and cook until chicken turns white
4. Season it with Magic Sarap or Vetsin and fish sauce
5. Cook for another 15 minutes until your chicken is completely cooked
6. Add fried potatoes and water
7. Add guisantes and let it simmer
Serve it with freshly cooked rice. Easy to cook. Easy to prepare. You can even do this while doing you’re busy with your local banner printing shop.